Lucia and the Fawn

Apr 22, 2014



I painted this one a few weeks ago, but forgot to share it on my blog! Spring is one of my favorite seasons, with new flowers popping up everywhere, warmer weather and newborn critters! I had this idea awhile ago, sort of a combination of the Grimm's fairy tale The Princess and the Fawn, and my other illustration of St Lucia bringer of light, riding on her deer (below). Here's a little bit from my process:

my first sketch in colored pencil: I thought her face was a little boring and stiff
my reference & inspiration board on Pinterest. I love it! so easy to collect the images I need

After looking around the internet for reference and ideas, I collect the images on my pinterest board. Then I sketch it out with pencil, and transfer a photocopy of that drawing to my watercolor paper (actually its Strathmore Illustration board, rigid with a smooth vellum texture for painting). Then its just watercolor and final detail touches with colored pencils. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |