Castello family portrait

May 8, 2014


I just finished a fun commission for the Castello family, a portrait on the occasion of their newborn baby boy. They love the woods and nature, living in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains. I love it when the animals are included, of course they are family! The moose represents their grandfather, watching over them.

I also remembered to take more process photos along the way. Most of the time I really zone out (or in?) and loose all track of what's happening when Im painting. This is watercolor and colored pencil about 8x10"




First I photocopy my drawing, then transfer it to my watercolor board with carbon transfer paper. Then I outline with colored pencil, and lay in washes of color starting from light to dark. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |